Date of Last Revision: August 13, 2019
DayHeart LLC (“DayHeart”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Throughout this policy, we use the term “Site” to mean the DayHeart app for iOS and Android and our website, https://DayHeart.co, and the word “Services” to mean the Site, its content, and our products and services.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Site or use our Services in general, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy does not describe, disclose, address, or refer to information collected or used by any third party, such as the Washington State Department of Children, Youth, and Families.
DayHeart is not a childcare provider. We do not solicit, accept, manage, share, or disclose any private information of any kind about children.
Information We Collect and What We Do With It
- Public User Account Information. When you create a user account on our Site, you are required to provide a valid email address. This information is stored and linked to your account. When you “favorite” a Provider profile, this information is stored in your account.
- Provider Account Information. When you create an account and link it to a provider profile, you must provide a valid email address. This information is stored and linked to your account.
- Account Information. We do not and will not send spam, sell, or rent your email address or any account information to third parties. We do not disclose, sell, share, trade or give away a user’s personal information to third parties, except as needed for completing payment and billing transactions through the services of payment processing vendors, if applicable.
- Communication Preferences. We may, from time to time, send information, announcements, or newsletters about and related to our Services. You may opt out of these at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or by letting us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logging Statistics. Like most website operators, our servers automatically collect certain types of non-personally-identifying technical information, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. For example: a) What website you came from to get here; b) How long you stay for, and c) What kind of device you’re using. We use this information to better understand how our visitors use our website, and to maintain Services.
- Location Information & IP Addresses. We do not collect or store location data through your use of the Services. Internet Protocol addresses indicate the location of a user’s computer or mobile device on a network connected to the Internet. Providing Services to you may result in the logging of IP addresses for systems administration, troubleshooting purposes, and to prevent prohibited account sharing. While this may be used to infer an approximation of your location when using certain features of the Services, we do not log IP addresses to track your session. If you are an account holder, we may link IP addresses to personally identifiable information in order to monitor account sharing and prevent prohibited activity.
- Data Aggregation. In addition to the other uses described in this policy, you agree that we may extract and use information from the information you disclose for the purposes of aggregating data in a non-identifiable method. This aggregated data may be used internally to improve services or without limitation, to develop, analyze, combine, or publish the aggregated data for commercial purposes.
Feedback & Support
If you send us feedback (such as a questions or idea) whether via email, chat, or some other means of communication, we may publish it (stripped of all personally identifying information). For example, if you send us a question that we believe may be relevant to other users, we may publish the question and the answer so that all users may benefit from seeing the answer.
We may provide technical support to service your account with us. In order to do so, we may use certain personally identifying information, with your consent, to access your account for the purpose of troubleshooting, running tests, and/or otherwise providing support. In providing technical support to you, we may potentially see other personally identifying information viewable on your account pages. As with all other information, we will hold any information we encounter in the process of providing support to the highest possible standards of confidentiality, security and protection.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
To review, access, or update your personal information to review its accuracy, or to request deletion of personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with reasonable access to any of your personal, or other account, information we maintain within forty-five (45) days of your request. We provide this access so you can review, make corrections, or request deletion of your information. If we cannot honor your request within the 45-day period, we will tell you when we will be able to provide access. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you access to your information, we will explain why we cannot do so.
Please note that any changes you make will be reflected in our active user database within a reasonable time, however we may retain information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud, to satisfy legal obligations, or otherwise if we reasonably believe there is a legitimate reason to do so.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: DayHeart LLC, 5004 29th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108
Additional information for International Users
European Union (EU) Users
To prevent unauthorized access, safeguard data accuracy, and maintain the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to protect the personal information you submit. We make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. However, since the Internet is not 100% secure and as new technology evolves and emerges, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party interferences from illegally obtaining or tampering with your personal information.
We encourage you to help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you use the Services. Change your account password often, using a combination of letters, numbers, and characters, and make sure you use a secure connection.
Privacy of Minors
We do not promote or offer the Services for use by anyone under the age of 13 (“minors”). DayHeart does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from minors, and we will not knowingly link to any third-party website or platform that solicits or collects personal information from minors. If you believe that a minor has disclosed personal information to us or that we have linked to such a third-party or user website or platform, please contact us at email@example.com
If the ownership of DayHeart substantially changes, such that all of its assets were acquired, or merged into another entity, or in the unlikely event that DayHeart enters bankruptcy, you understand that any stored personally identifying, and non-personally identifying information and data will likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer or merging entity of DayHeart may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.